Sunday, January 18, 2009

First Trip to the Big City

Finn made his first trip to Chicago last week. Wes and I were going for the Reading Recovery Conference and we brought Grandma Kandy along to babysit. Unfortunately, it was EXTREMELY cold while we were there. Actual temps got as low as -17 and windchill was well into the -30s. Finn and Grandma Kandy didn't have many options for entertainment. The conference was held in the hotel we were staying at which was convenient. I could run up to the room and feed Finn and they could come down and join us for lunch. Of course Finn was a big hit with the 99% female conference-goers. Here he is chilling in the hotel room. Doesn't look like he's missed too many meals, does it?


Wes and I decided that we needed to move into a hotel because Finn slept so well. He slept 5 hours straight for the first time. If only we could afford it. The trip definitely proved that he is a pretty easy going baby. He adjusted well to schedule changes and didn't mind being around hundreds of people. Wes and I say it all the time - he's a good little guy!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if the hotel thing would work for Ollie... he is only out for 3 hrs at night. God forbid he isn't swaddled (I didn't have a swaddler when I stayed at my mom's the other night)-- that only lasts 30 min!

    I think he looks like Wes when he smiles.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete