Today was a big day for Finn. He had his 1 month doctor appointment which meant he had to get a shot. :( He is in the 80th percentile in weight and length - 11lbs 8.5 oz and 23 inches long (this just proves that our home scale is WAY off). We took a picture of him with his first band-aid from the shot.


While we were at the doctor's office stripping him down for his weighing, the last piece of his umbilcal cord stitch came out which means TIME FOR HIS FIRST BATH! What an adventure it was. He seemed to like the bath okay. Of course he decided to pee in the tub. Unfortunately, I had just put the camcorder down.
After his bath, we wrapped him in his "Little Illini Fan" towel and posed for a couple pics.
Here's what the towel looked like after the pics. Yes, apparently the bath served as a laxative for Finn. After this incident, we promptly got him into a diaper and he promptly filled the diaper too. Never a dull minute...



Wild post!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe it took that long for it to fall off! Is it bad that I snipped Ollie's off when it looked like it was on its last leg? Don't tell Jim... You've been sponging him that long? Woah. I bet you like the bathtub now, eh.
And what is up with that revealing picture! Ha!
Lots of kids like to poop when their legs are raised like that...gets stuff moving in the belly, I think.
How did you do with the shots? It is hard to see 'em so sad, eh?
Your kid is HUGE! You know, you'll be putting him into 3-6 month stuff very soon. Check and see if you have any Carter's 3 mo stuff (that only goes up to 12 lbs... I didn't know that until it was too late!)
:)
Oh snap, Sheryl, I just happened to visit the blog and now I discover you cut our son's umbilical stump off! Haha. Amanda, love the blog...didn't realize you had it, I guess. I think I'll save a copy of that scrotal poop shot and show it to Mr. Finnegan when he's 16. Glad to see the Millers doing well and little man chunking up. Can't wait to meet the little dude.
ReplyDelete