Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Great Purge

Most of last week was spent in St. Joseph with the Miller family. The goal was to sort through 40 years of "stuff" and determine what should be kept, sold, and thrown away. Jeremy, Emily, Maddie, and Aidan got to town late Friday night. Wes and I were actually in St. Louis staying with Amanda. She watched Finn while we went to a Cardinals game. By Monday afternoon everyone was gathered in St. Joe and the work began. I spent the week taking care of Finn and therefore pretty much avoiding all manual labor - not sure I could have done too much anyway since I had zero decision making power. The Miller family is a sight to see. Even extended family from 4 states came to town to help out. They really pulled together to get an amazing amount accomplished which culminated in a yard sale on Saturday. What a blessing to have such a great family!
Finn really enjoyed watching his cousins, although I think their constant movement, noise, and close proximity overwhelmed him at times. Somehow we missed getting a picture of all the cousins together (missed sweet Corinne).
Aidan and Finn

And Maddie, too
Loving the Baby Bjork, as Wes calls it.

Taking a bath at Grandma Kandy's.

Looking tiny in that big 'ole tub.

No comments:

Post a Comment