Friday, July 24, 2009

Summer Fun

Life is good this summer, or should I say Finntastic? I have nothing exciting to report, we've just been having a great time being together. We've taken lots of trips to the park and library. Lots of walks and time swinging. Lots of snuggles, smiles, and now smooches. That's right, Finn is now giving big, open mouthed, slobbery kisses. I've received three of them so far. Yes, he may just be trying to eat my face, but I will consider them kisses.
Visiting Daddy on the farm.
Lunch on the Quad.
Enjoying the swing.
First ride in the big biy car seat. We'll get to turn him around to face forward in just a few more pounds.

Love the pic on top, but didn't get the flowers in there. We just finished our walk around Meadowbrook Park. It's a great place to take a walk. There are beautiful prairie flowers and sculptures along the path and even though there are many people walking, roller blading, and jogging, it is very quiet and calm.

Still trying to get a picture of Finn's teeth. One has popped through on the bottom and his top right one is just below the surface. He hasn't fussed about teething too much. There have been a few fussy moments, but overall he hasn't been bothered by it all too much.

Finn has also gotten passed the 40 minute naps. He has been regularly napping for an hour and a half to two hours twice a day. He sometimes takes a third catnap, as well. I have also cut out Finn's final feeding of the night. I would go in and feed him while he was sleeping before I went to bed for the night. It was supposed to help him make it through the night without waking hungry. It worked, but I thought he could make it without the "dreamfeed" so I tried giving it up. He woke around 4am for a couple nights and I fed him, but has been sleeping through the night ever since. He goes down at around 8 and has been sleeping as late as 7-7:30. Definitely loves sleep like his mom and dad.

I will hopefully have pictures to share of our finished basement soon. It is nearing the end of the drywall stage and we will hopefully be ready to paint next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment