Sunday, June 6, 2010

Doctors, doctors

Finn is overall a happy, healthy 18 month old. He is 33 inches tall and 26.6 pounds (about 70th percentile). I say overall because he had a fever a couple days before the appointment and we also noticed a sore on his tongue. Dr. Schuster said it was just a viral infection that would clear up on it's own, but to watch for any persistent or new symptoms.

However, two nights later I could hear Finn wheezing in his sleep and some other funny noises. When I went in to check on him, he immediately stood up and reached for me. I found a wet spot on his sheets that led me to believe he had thrown up (one of the symptoms to watch for). We called the doctor on call and were told that if he was struggling to breathe, we should take him to the ER. So...ER visit #2 was upon us. Finn wasn't acting too sick (even singing in the car on the way to the hospital), but he was not happy with having to be examined and it only got worse when he had to have chect x-rays taken and a breathing treatment. He was diagnosed with croup and a viral infection (can't remember the name). He was happy to leave the hospital and was once again singing on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment