I had been wanting a sling or baby carrier of some sort for awhile now, but wasn't sure which one to get. On Sheryl's advice, I bought a HugaMonkey sling. I got it about a week ago, but couldn't find a good time to try it out with Finn - you know fed and well rested. We tried it tonight after his last nap and he seemed to like the kangaroo position. We'll need to practice it some more because it didn't feel completely secure to me. I felt like I couldn't really go hands-free. We also tried the hip hold, but that wasn't secure at all. Now that he's napping better, we should have more time when he won't mind me wrangling him around in that thing. How cute is he?

So, I was finally convinced by a few different people that I should join Facebook. I joined last night and I've gone from reluctant to near addict in less than 24 hours. I'll try not to let it interfere with my blogging.
Sucker!!! I'm still holding out.
ReplyDeleteAs for the wrap, you've checked out the videos on the website, right? They were helpful. Keep tipping him once he is in the position in that photograph so that gravity keeps him back TOWARDS your body. His feet should be criss-crossed in front of him and his butt deep in the sling, with his back to your chest. Make sense? Start off with him facing AWAY from you... The other hold that might work good now starts with him facing TOWARD you and you putting him in the deepest part of the sling... put his head near the top so it is just barely covered with the sling and stick his legs in so that they bend a bit and he is being worn across you as a sash.
Keep at it, esp. when he'll tolerate it. If it doesn't work now, all is not lost... once he is old enough to be carried on the hip, you can use it that way, too.
Did you get the organic Kona one? I luuuvvv mine ;)