Friday, March 20, 2009

Moving to the Crib

Tonight was the night. Finn has been banging his feet in the bassinet this whole week and I have been putting off moving him to his crib. Now with Wes on Spring Break, I really have no reason to keep him in our room anymore. He has been sleeping until at least 5am (6:10 today) and then goes back to sleep for a couple hours after his morning feeding. With Wes not having to get up for work we can take turns going in to soothe him if he wakes up in the middle of the night. That morning feeding is going to be a killer since I'll now have to actually get out of bed, but it won't make much difference once I head back to work in two weeks anyway. Here he is wondering why we are taking a picture of him in the bassinet.





Here I am taking him to his room - teared me up a bit. He looks a little frightened. It took him a few minutes longer to fall asleep, but not as long as I expected. When Finn was in the bassinet, one of us just laid down in the bed next to it and put the pacifier in his mouth (if necessary) until he fell asleep which usually took about ten minutes. Sometimes we would get a little catnap in, as well. Now we have to stand next to the crib, so goodbye to the catnaps.

1 comment: