Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Six Month Check Up

Although we know that when it comes to smarts and good looks Finn is quite advanced, he seems to be average when it comes to size. His weight (17 lbs 4 oz), length, and head size all fall in the 50th percentile. He is healthy and on target developmentally.

Finn is still loving his rice cereal and has started eating it for 2 meals a day - usually his second feeding around 9:30 and before the bedtime routine at 7:00. In about 2 weeks we will start introducing some fruits and veggies. I am debating making my own baby food. We have a Magic Bullet so I think it could be done pretty easily, but I'll have to do a little research to figure it out.

Bath time is Daddy/son bonding time. The other night Wes yelled for me to hurry to the bathroom and to bring the camera. I came in to find Finn leaned back and relaxing. Wes found Finn's laid back demeanor to be quite entertaining.

1 comment:

  1. Go for it with making your own baby food... a lot easier than you'd think. But don't feel like you need to use it exclusively. That is too hard.

    I recommend starting here: http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/stage1_homemade_baby_food_recipes.htm for ideas on what to make and when.
    I also recommend buying some of the big (4 oz) Baby Cubes on Amazon. If you have the Bullet, then you're all set.

    Ollie can't stand jarred peas after having the real thing... you'll notice the colors of your corn, carrots, peas, etc. are eye-popping compared to the jarred variety.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete